About the 2021 show
We invite you to join with us to celebrate the achievements of this year’s talented graduates from the School of Design, University of Leeds.
About this event
School of Design, University of Leeds, 2021 Degree Show.
We invite you to listen to the recording of our launch event, which celebrates the hard work and tenacity of our students. Hear from students themselves and also from eminent guest speakers, professionals from the creative industries and the arts sector, all of whom have close links with the School of Design. The programme and list of speakers is below.
Welcome from Professor Maria Lonsdale, Head of the School of Design, University of Leeds
Art and Design
- Introduction from Deborah Gardner, programme leader
- Students: Dan Miskimmon and Lizzie Peers
- Guest speaker: Tessa Pierce Project Manager for Courtauld Connects at Somerset House
Graphic & Communication Design
- Introduction from Ben Bradley, programme leader
- Students: Lauren Smith and James Wilde
- Guest speaker: Rob Skelly, Associate Creative Director of Born Ugly, a brand design agency
- Introduction from Jeffrey Thorpe, programme leader
- Student: Gabriella (Gabby) Keeble
- Guest speakers: Annabel Williams, womenswear designer for Worme and Lucy Elloway, menswear designer for French Connection
- Introduction from Dr Joanna Blanco-Velo programme leader
- Students: Meghan Browne and Gizem Tort
- Guest speaker: Becky Stevenson Marketing Leader, EMEA WGSN
- Introduction from Dr Phil Henry, programme leader
- Students: Tiana McInerney
- Guest speaker: Helen Locke Head of Design, Brodie Cashmere ltd
Closing remarks Dr Catherine Stones, Deputy Head of School